Why Don't People Know That McCain Opposes Roe v Wade?
POSTED ON 6/07/2008 | PERMALINK |
1 Comments |
David Greenberg, President and CEO of Planned Parenthood of the Columbia/Willamette has pointed out that John McCain is one of very few senators to receive a lifetime rating of 0% from the organization. He pointed out the following:
NARAL has given him a 0% rating as well. And yet, John McCain enjoys support from moderate Republicans who mistakenly believe he is a pro-choice candidate. The reality is that in addition to specifically, and repeatedly, stating that he wishes to overturn Roe v. Wade, he opposes a significant number of family planning practices that have broad support in this country. This is an instance where McCain is divorced from reality, hostile to women and absolutely indistinguishable from Bush.
- He voted against requiring health care plans to cover birth control (3/22/03).
- He voted against comprehensive, medically accurate sex education (7/25/06).
- He voted against international family planning funding (3/14/96).
- He voted against funding to prevent teen and unintended pregnancies (3/17/05).
- He voted against public education for emergency contraception (3/17/05).
- he voted against restoring Medicaid funding that could be used for family planning for low-income women (3/17/05).
- a look at the state of abortion
- susan phillips, missouri ban birth control spending
- bush choice for family-planning post criticized
- crimes against the pre-conceived