Naomi Klein Interview on The Alcove
POSTED ON 12/10/2007 | PERMALINK |
0 Comments |
Another fascinating interview from Mark Molaro's excellent show.
In-depth interview with internationally renowned author, journalist and syndicated columnist Naomi Klein on her new book “The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism”. Klein is best known for her book from the year 2000, the international bestseller “No Logo: Taking Aim at the Brand Bullies”. It was called “A Movement Bible” by the New York Times referring to its incredible impact on the anti-globalization movement.
In this extraordinary interview, Klein discusses the key ideas behind her concept of The Shock Doctrine and its importance as an alternate economic, social and political history of the last thirty years. She describes how the free market ideas of economist Milton Friedman and the Chicago School fostered the impact of shock from the 1970s Pinochet regime in Chile to the Bush administration today.
- naomi wolf on 'the end of america'
- gore vidal's sad (sadder than usual) take on the u.s. media
- glenn greenwald on real reporting
- the street: ron paul the only republican candiate who's not an idiot
- alive in baghdad: car bomb survivors no longer mere statistics