just the facts: a look at the state of the abortion debate
POSTED ON 5/11/2007 | PERMALINK |
0 Comments |
From George Mason University's superb 'History News Network':
"By conceding that the methods are often gruesome, Ginsburg yields to Kennedy's way of portraying abortion. From now on, there will be no discussion of abortion, even by pro-choice activists, without discussion of blood. Not only the right of women to choose an abortion, not only the state's abstract interest in protecting life, but the process of abortion itself -- the theater of cruelty -- is at the center of discussion. This creates a more disturbing but a more authentic approach to the abortion problem."
- crimes against the pre-conceived
- bill napoli knows all
- susan phillips, missouri ban birth control spending
- bush choice for family-planning post criticized
- jonesing for reproductive rights...
- right to wife: why does judge alito treat women like girls?
- steve wilkinson on iraqi women and islamic law