Inside ILM: The Bangles, Drug Music and Lyrics That Don't Rhyme
POSTED ON 9/29/2005 | PERMALINK |
0 Comments |
I Love Music has far too many threads for any sane person to read. Here are eleven recent additions that stand out from the pack due to information, insight, and humor.
- Listening to drug music w/o the required drugs
- The Bangles' "If She Knew What She Wants" vs "Manic Monday"
- "Message In A Bottle" vs. "Don't Fear The Reaper"
- Who influenced Flying Saucer Attack/My Bloody Valentine?
- Artists/bands with whom the Greatest Hits/Best Of/Singles collection is probably the only thing you ever need to own.
- Pilot who just made a perfect emergency landing in LA, what's in your ipod?
- Songs with no guitars EXCEPT for a guitar solo
- The Thread Where Rock Goes To The Doctor
- Rap albums released in an instrumental version
- How do songwriters get away with non-rhyming lyrics?
- the pure essence of an album
- Inside ILM: buddy rich, the queen of goth, and songs that ruined everything
- Inside ILM: Neil Young, Little Drummer Boy, and Jazz Hands
- Inside ILM: Ween, Dubby Disco & Reverse Sounds
- Inside ILM: 2005's Best/Worst, Madonna and Bands Who Dress Like Fruit
- Inside ILM: Urban Dance Squad, Sneaker Rhymes and Noisy Women
- Inside ILM: Mike Love, Dub and French Female Vocalists
- Inside ILM: Stockhausen, Erotica and Offensive Cover Art
- Inside ILM: George Jones, Minimal Techno and Stealing From Burroughs
- Inside ILM: Tape Loops, Wedding Songs and CCR
- Inside ILM: Monotonous Bands, Murderous Rappers and Freedom Rock
- Inside ILM: The Bangles, Drug Music and Lyrics That Don't Rhyme
- Inside ILM: Prefuse 73, Catchy Songs and The Bends
- Inside ILM: Beatles, Sythesizers and VD
- Inside ILM: 2005 Lists, Spank Rock and Songs about Songs